More buses laid on to combat London Underground strike
Transport for London (TfL) is to put on 100 extra buses and increase capacity for river journeys to deal with the second 24-hour Tube strike.
Thousands of London Underground workers are due to strike again for 24 hours from 1900 BST on Sunday.
They are angry about plans to close ticket offices with the loss of 800 jobs.
TfL also said roadworks are being delayed or curtailed and it is organising marshalled taxi ranks.
It is also increasing capacity for about 10,000 more journeys on the river Thames.
Members of the Rail Maritime and Transport union (RMT) and the Transport Salaried Staffs Association are taking the industrial action.
The unions already held one strike last month, which caused widespread disruption, and will stage two more walkouts in November if the deadlock is not broken.
RMT general secretary Bob Crow said the cuts were unacceptable and would undermine safety and the service for passengers.
London Mayor Boris Johnson said: "This strike is pointless and I hope that this time - when Londoners beat the strike once again - the RMT and TSSA leaderships will see sense and return to talks to avert further disruption."
Business group London First urged both sides to come to an agreement.
Chief executive Baroness Valentine said: "What business really needs is for the dispute to be resolved.
"London's economic success and tens of thousands of jobs, not just those on the Underground, depend on keeping the capital moving."