Theddlethorpe gas explosion: Owners in 'lucky' escape
The owners of a house badly damaged in a gas explosion had a "lucky" escape, fire crews said.
The blast blew out windows and destroyed the walls of the house at Theddlethorpe, near Mablethorpe in Lincolnshire, on Sunday afternoon.
Fire service group manager Sean King said the owners had gone for a walk at the time of the explosion, thought to have been caused by a gas leak.
The house, which was on a propane-fed gas supply, has been cordoned off.
Mr King said: "It was a significant explosion caused, we think, by some kind of gas leak but we haven't been able to determine the exact cause yet due to the extensive damage.
"Luckily they'd [owners] gone for a walk and if they'd been in the house at the time it could have been a very different story."
Structural engineers have been carrying out assessments of the property at the scene.
Neighbours have described hearing a loud bang at the time of the explosion.
The family who live in the property are staying with relatives.