Body found in Leicester rubble was kebab shop worker
A man killed in an early morning explosion at a Leicester kebab shop was a worker at the takeaway, police said.
The body of 40-year-old Fiaz Ahmed Ansari was discovered in the rubble of Kams King of the Grill shop almost 15 hours after the blast.
Six people were arrested after the explosion at 02:20 BST on Bank Holiday Monday on Narborough Road in Leicester.
The shop was completely destroyed and a murder investigation is now under way, police said.
The body was found during site clearance work at the site at about 16:30 BST on Monday afternoon.
A post-mortem examination has been carried out but the cause of death has not yet been released.
Several other properties were damaged in the blast and the area remains sealed off as a murder investigation continues.
Two men and four women who were arrested in connection with the incident remain in police custody after officers obtained an extension to question them further.
Detective Superintendent Mark Harrison said: "We would like to speak anyone who may have visited Kams King of the Grill during Sunday evening of August 28.
"Whether it was for a social visit or to buy food from the shop, it is important we speak to you. Also if there is anyone who knew Fiaz and may have seen him, had been contact with him or knows of his movements during that same evening, we would ask they contact police."
Initially it was not believed anyone was hurt in the blast, but Mr Ansari's body was found later in the day.
Leicestershire Fire and Rescue and police are investigating the cause of the blast.