Lancashire

Man dies after suspected gas leak in Preston

A 78-year-old man died and five others were taken to hospital after a suspected carbon monoxide leak, Lancashire Police have said.

Emergency services were called to a property on Brixton Road, Preston, at about 17:45 GMT on Wednesday.

Medics found the man, who was unresponsive, and another younger man inside the building.

They were taken to the Royal Preston Hospital along with four ambulance staff who had also become ill.

The ambulance staff were later discharged.

The incident is not being treated as suspicious and details have been passed on to the coroner, police said.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites