Lancashire

Woman rescued from fire in Blackpool flat

Firefighters using breathing apparatus had to rescue a woman after a fire broke out at a flat in Blackpool.

Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service said a 999 call had been received at 0400 GMT about a fire in a group of flats in General Street.

Fifteen firefighters tackled the blaze, which broke out in a ground floor flat.

A middle aged woman was rescued by firefighters and then taken to Blackpool Victoria Hospital suffering from the effects of smoke.

The fire service believes the cause of the fire was accidental.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites