G4S Medway unit: Seven charged over 'abuse' at young offenders centre
Seven further people have been charged following reports of abusive behaviour at a young offenders centre in Kent.
Police began an investigation after BBC Panorama broadcast behind-the-scenes footage from the Rochester-based centre in January.
The seven men were charged with either taking photographs inside the prison or misconduct in public office.
In July Rebecca Harold, 24, of Grecian Street, in Maidstone, was charged with assaulting a boy at the centre.
She is due back before magistrates on 26 October.
Peter Scott, 29, of Goodwood Crescent, Gravesend, was charged with taking photographs and making recordings inside a prison contrary to the Prison Act.
And a further six men were charged with misconduct in public office:
- Anthony Dance, 26, of Hailsham,
- Christopher Lomax, 34, of Timbertops, Chatham
- James Beech, 26, of Chilton Avenue, Sittingbourne
- Jonathan Kane, 34, of Stratford Lane, Gillingham
- Matthew Cunningham, 35, of Megby Close, Gillingham
- Gareth Evans, 25, of Tintagel Gardens, Rochester
Police also arrested three men aged 25, 35 and 27 and two woman aged 26 and 42. They have all been released without charge.