Kent

Fire affects Thanet District Council's computers

A small fire caused by an electrical fault at council offices in Kent has led to a reduction in services.

Thanet District Council said the fire at its Margate HQ had affected computer systems, including council tax benefits and other financial transactions.

Its telephone system is still working but customers have been asked to wait until Thursday to contact the council unless their inquiry is urgent.

It said engineers were working to return services to normal.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites