Plans to move Hull's historic Earl De Grey pub
A grade II listed pub is to be moved brick-by-brick to a nearby site under new plans.
The frontage of the Earl De Grey on Castle Street, Hull, would move about 100ft (30m) on to Waterhouse Lane.
The £20m plans submitted to Hull City Council also include restoring Castle Street Chambers and building a nine-storey, 150-bedroom hotel.
The pub, from the 1840s, was originally the Junction Dock Tavern but closed in 2005.
The Earl De Grey had a colourful reputation due to its seafaring past and spawned numerous stories, including many about the talkative parrot that frequented the bar.
The building is due to be relocated due to the planned redevelopment of the A63 Castle Street, which English Heritage said was "one of the oldest routes out of Hull and an important physical reminder of dock life in this part of the town".
The pub's frontage is covered with green tiles, or faience, currently obscured by a hoarding.
The planning application would see the main shell and frontage moved to form a new run of buildings alongside the hotel and Castle Street Chambers.
There would also be restaurants, bars and offices.
Castle Street Chambers was built in 1900 as steamship offices but has been unoccupied since the 1970s and covered in scaffold for more than a decade.
The grade II listed building would be repaired and renovated and linked by a new glazed extension to the re-positioned pub frontage.
The planning application was submitted by Hull-based developer Wykeland Group and Princes Quay Developments.