East Yorkshire carjackings: Man admits 18 charges
A man has admitted a series of gunpoint carjackings.
Leon Ndenu stole or attempted to steal a number of vehicles, including a postal van, at several locations in East Yorkshire in March.
In one attack, a bin lorry crew intervened and disarmed Ndenu before pinning him to the ground.
The 23 year old, of no fixed address, pleaded guilty to 18 charges at Hull Crown Court earlier.
He was remanded in custody and is due to be sentenced on 9 June.
List of charges
- Four counts of attempted taking a motor vehicle without owner's consent
- Four counts of possession of a firearm or an imitation firearm
- Three counts of taking a motor vehicle without owner's consent
- Three counts of robbery
- Possession of an offensive weapon
- Aggravated taking of a motor vehicle without owner's consent