Hereford & Worcester

Man dies after Ledbury garden bonfire 'fireball'

A man who was severely burned by a fireball from a garden bonfire has died, hospital staff say.

Lee Vine, 50, was flown to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham on 30 December after fire crews were called to Falcon Lane in Ledbury.

He died on Friday. The incident is being treated as accidental.

Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue Service said his injuries were believed to have been caused by a fireball from an "out-of-control garden bonfire."

More on this story

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites