Hereford & Worcester

Crews tackle Stourport-on-Severn nursing home fire

Residents of a Worcestershire nursing home were forced to leave in the early hours when a fire started in the kitchen.

Firefighters were called to the home in Church Lane, Astley, Stourport-on-Severn, at 0040 BST on Friday.

Five residents, including one who was bed-bound, had to leave rooms above the kitchen area.

The fire, which was believed to have been caused by an electric fan, was brought under control within an hour.

There was smoke damage in the kitchen as a result of the fire at the residential home.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites