Hampshire & Isle of Wight

Men suffer severe burns in Hamble van fire

Hamble van fire Image copyright HFRS
Image caption The fire is believed to have started after a gas cylinder leaked in the van

Two men are being treated in hospital for severe burns after a van caught fire in Hampshire.

Fire crews were called to the blaze in Westfield Common, Hamble, shortly after 19:00 BST on Sunday.

The men, both aged in their 20s, were taken by ambulance to Southampton General Hospital.

Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service said it believed the fire was started by a leaking gas cooking cylinder in the back of a van.

A car parked next to the van was also destroyed in the blaze.

Image copyright HFRS
Image caption The van was destroyed in the blaze

Related Topics

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites