Five in hospital after Havant school 'chemical leak'
Three teachers and two children have been taken to hospital after a suspected ammonia leak at a school.
Emergency services were called to Warblington School in Havant after staff reported a "suspicious smell".
A school spokesperson said five people were affected and chemicals were not involved. Everyone inside was evacuated to the sports hall.
The school in Hampshire has closed early as there is no heating or catering provision.
South Central Ambulance Service said they were called to treat 17 patients at the scene after a reported ammonia leak.
The three teachers and two children were taken to Queen Alexandra Hospital as a precaution for minor respiratory issues.
Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service said they were called at 09:52 GMT to reports of a chemical smell.
A spokesman said fire crews could not find a source or smell and the investigation was handed over to the head teacher.
A statement issued on the school website said the area was now "safe" but would be closing early.