Hampshire & Isle of Wight

Elderly man in hospital after Lymington flat fire

An elderly man has been taken to hospital suffering after a fire broke out at a sheltered housing complex in Hampshire.

A passer-by called 999 after seeing flames coming out of the window of the flat in Anchorage Way, Lymington, at about 2100 BST on Wednesday.

An alarm had also notified firefighters who extinguished the blaze, which is thought to have started accidentally.

The elderly man left the flat on his own but was treated as a precaution.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites