Man rescued from fire in Gosport block of flats


A man has been rescued from a fire in a block of flats in Hampshire.

Fire crews were called to South Street in Gosport shortly before 0930 GMT to reports of smoke coming from one of the flats on the fourth floor.

They arrived to find the property smoke-logged and had to force their way into the flat to rescue the man.

He was suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation and was treated at the scene by paramedics. In total, 32 firefighters attended.

Related Internet Links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites.