Baby girl dies at Southampton public fireworks display

  • Published

A five-week-old baby girl died when she became ill at a public fireworks display in Southampton.

Police were called to the Town Quay area of the city on Saturday night.

The child was taken by ambulance to Southampton General Hospital where she was pronounced dead. A post-mortem examination is due to take place.

A Hampshire Constabulary spokeswoman said the death was not being treated as suspicious and officers were investigating for the coroner.

Related Internet Links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites.