Zorb balls destroyed after Gloucester party children fall ill
Eight children have developed rashes and blisters after using zorb balls with "abnormal levels of bacteria" at a birthday party.
They had attended the event at Gloucester Leisure Centre - known as GL1 - and used the inflatable balls that people climb inside.
The centre said it was aware a "group of children have been taken ill" and the zorb balls had been destroyed.
One parent, Natalie Oakley, said her daughter developed a "severe rash".
She said her daughter's experience, at the end of January, has been "horrendous...simply because of inadequate cleaning".
"What should have been a brilliant two hours of her life at the party has turned out to be now 12 days of misery," she added.
In a statement GL1 said abnormal levels of bacteria had been found in the balls.
It said: "We are co-operating with an investigation being undertaken with the local authority environmental health team and have decommissioned the equipment in use as part of the relevant activity."