Gloucestershire

Teen hospitalised after inhaling online cannabis oil

Vaporizer Image copyright PA
Image caption Police say the woman inhaled cannabis oil which she bought online

A teenager is in a "serious condition" in hospital after inhaling cannabis oil she bought online.

The 18-year-old was taken to Gloucestershire Royal Hospital on Friday.

Police said she bought a product containing oil derived from cannabis plants which can be inhaled through a vaporiser.

Officers said she may have had a "severe reaction" to the product but cannot confirm a direct link.

Insp Mark Duncton of Gloucestershire Constabulary said: "Our advice is never to buy or take any kind of drug or drug derivative bought online.

"These products can pose a very serious danger to your health; you do not know what is in them or what their effects might be."

Related Topics

More on this story

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites