Sophia Parslow's parents bid for window blind cords ban
The parents of a Gloucestershire toddler who died after getting her head stuck in window blind cord have started a campaign to have them banned.
Sophia Parslow, aged 17-months, was playing at home in Tirley near Gloucester on 27 June when she became tangled in the looped blind cord.
"I only left her to go to the toilet," said her mother, Amanda O'Halloran.
"She was still in her pyjamas and watching Peppa Pig then she was just gone."
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents said there have been 14 window blind cord deaths across the UK since the start of 2010.
Safety devices are sold with most blinds. Including cleats to tie the cord to the wall.
But Sophia's parents say that is not enough.
"We want them banned," said Ms O'Halloran.
"This seems the only way for this kind of thing to stop.
"We don't have Sophia any more.
"We have nothing else to do but to fight for her and to make sure that no other child is taken away from their parents so early."
The campaign - called Sophia's Cause - includes a Facebook page and an online petition, which has already gathered hundreds of signatures.
Amanda O'Halloran and Chris Parslow want the issue debated in Parliament in the hope that something positive can come from their family's tragedy.