Essex

Woman homeless after Essex house fire

A woman in her 60s has been made homeless after a fire damaged the first floor of the semi-detached house where she lived in Essex.

She also suffered burns and the effects of smoke inhalation during the fire at Queens Gardens in Panfield, Braintree.

A crew wearing breathing apparatus tackled the blaze after the woman escaped from the flames.

A spokesman for Essex Fire and Rescue said the property was left uninhabitable as a result of the blaze.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites