Nine Bournemouth students escape house fire

Published
image copyrightDWFRS
image captionThe fire started after a portable heater was left too close to bedding

Nine students have escaped a house fire in Bournemouth.

The blaze broke out in the detached property on Bemister Road at about 05:40 GMT.

Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service said it started after a portable heater was left too close to bedding in one of the rooms.

Station manager Stuart Granger said working smoke alarms had saved the lives of the students.

The local council is helping the students to find alternative accommodation.

image copyrightDWFRS
image captionThe fire broke out at the detached property on Bemister Road in Bournemouth

Related Topics

Related Internet Links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites.