Philippines child rapist David Shepherd convicted
A prolific paedophile who filmed himself raping and abusing children in the Philippines has been found guilty.
David Shepherd of Bridport, Dorset, admitted a number of offences but denied raping four children, one of whom was only eight years old.
The 60-year-old's string of sex crimes, including holding 20,000 indecent images, were heard at three trials in Dorchester Crown Court.
Shepherd, described as "vile" by police, will be sentenced on 31 August.
'Serious risk to children'
During the three trials, the paedophile was found guilty of facilitating child sex offences, raping children, paying for child sex, making indecent videos of children and holding 20,211 indecent films and images of minors.
Dorset Police said the former pub landlord travelled to the Philippines to abuse children in "the most vile manner", and would also direct live sex shows using internet messaging services.
Officers said Shepherd would record himself committing serious sexual offences, including rape, against young children.
He was found with a large collection of videos he had produced as well as and tens of thousands of indecent images and videos of children on his computer and hard drives.
Charges against David Shepherd
Trial one, 3 August:
- Four charges of inciting a child under 13 in sexual activity
- Two charges of taking indecent photographs of a child
- Assault of a child under 13 by penetration
- Four charges of raping a child under 13
Trial two, 4 August:
- Charged with holding 841 moving indecent images of children
- Charged with holding 19.369 still indecent images of children
Trial three, 8 August:
- Nine charges of arranging or facilitating the commission of a child sex offence
- Two charges of making indecent photographs of a child
Det Con David Baker, of Dorset Police said Shepherd was a "serious risk and danger to young children".
"This is the most horrific case of child abuse I have had any dealings with.
"This evidence showed harrowing images of very young children being abused and degraded in the most vile manner."