Homes and shops evacuated after Winton gas leak
Shops and homes were evacuated due to a gas leak in Winton, Bournemouth.
Engineers from gas distributor SGN were called to the Wimborne Road area after a strong smell of gas was reported just after 09:30 GMT.
All those affected have been able to return to their homes but Cardigan Road remains closed between Leslie Road and Withermoor Road.
Gas company SGN said engineers had made a temporary repair to the gas main and vented residual gas from buildings.
Emergency services had earlier led people in homes and businesses along the section of road to safety as a precaution.
Among those affected were students at the nearby Okeford House Bournemouth University accommodation.
The Salvation Army provided food and shelter for those kept away from their properties until the early evening.