Chideock Clockhouse Inn: Collapse fears at fire-hit pub
Parts of a fire-damaged thatched pub have been dismantled amid fears they might collapse.
The 16th Century Clockhouse Inn, in Chideock, Dorset, was gutted in Monday's blaze.
A safety cordon remains in place while contractors work to remove the gable ends on top of the pub's walls, the fire and rescue service said.
West Dorset District Council said what remained of the structure was "unlikely to collapse".
A council statement said inspectors had checked the stability of the building following the collapse of the roof and floors within the building.
It added the pub was being "carefully monitored".
At its height, more than 14 fire crews tackled the blaze, which is thought to have started in a chimney.
Firefighters were called back on Tuesday to deal with a hot spot.
No-one was injured in the blaze but an appeal has been started in support of owners Mike and Helen Long and their two children.
Appeal organiser Claire Moles said the response had been "brilliant".
"Everyone was feeling very sorry for the family. Hopefully everyone will rally around and make their life a little bit easier for them." she said
Mr Long said the pub would be rebuilt "without a shadow of a doubt".
Delays have been reported on the A35 as traffic controls remain in place due to the safety cordon around the pub.