Asbestos warning at Tolpuddle barn fire in Dorset

The barn fire at Tolpuddle
Image caption Smoke from the barn fire could be seen from the nearby A35

Local residents were warned to stay indoors because of a possible asbestos risk from a large fire in Dorset.

Firefighters discovered asbestos in the roof of a barn on fire at Creech Holding, in Tolpuddle.

Residents in the area were advised to stay indoors and keep their windows and doors shut during the fire on Monday.

The risk was described as minimal by Dorset Fire and Rescue Service. About 35 firefighters dealt with the blaze which demolished the barn.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites