Four people rescued from kitchen fires in Bournemouth

Four people were rescued from fires in kitchens within minutes of each other at two properties in Bournemouth.

Crews led a boy, girl and a man from a first floor flat in Poole Road, Westbourne, minutes after a man was rescued from a property in Keeble Crescent, Kinson.

All three victims were treated at the scene in Poole Road.

Dorset Fire and Rescue Service said the incidents highlight the importance of smoke detectors being fitted.

"[It is] also a timely reminder not to leave any cooking unattended," Tim Spring, group manager of the service said.

"Both these incidents could have been far more serious had neighbours not been alerted to the fires by smoke alarms. All in all the individuals involved have had a lucky escape."

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites