Man arrested after armed siege at Bournemouth apartment
A man who barricaded himself inside a seaside property, sparking a 10-hour armed police siege, has been arrested.
Police teams were called to a property in Seabourne Road, in the Pokesdown area of Bournemouth, Dorset, shortly before 1600 GMT on Monday.
The 34-year-old was detained by officers on suspicion of making threats to kill following the stand-off, which saw dozens of homes evacuated.
Officers entered the property just after 0200 GMT and made an arrest.
It followed claims that a man had locked himself inside.
No weapons fired
An eyewitness sent a photograph to the BBC News Website showing a man hanging out of a window of the third-floor flat.
Some residents were moved to the Indoor Bowls Centre in nearby Kings Park.
Roger Morley, who lives in Dolphin Mews, said: "I put my jumper on, came outside and there's a gentleman on the top flat, sort of shouting out of the window.
"They (the police) just told us to leave and I went to my brother's."
Road closures were put in place and a cordon was set up around the house, before specialist negotiators attempted to resolve the incident.
A police helicopter was also sent to the scene.
A spokesman for Dorset Police said: "At approximately 0215 GMT this morning unarmed officers supported by armed officers entered a property in Seabourne Road where they located a male with whom they had been in earlier negotiations.
"A 34-year-old male from the Poole area was arrested in connection with an allegation of making threats to kill."
No weapons were discharged during the incident.