Dorset

Pet snake starts fire in Dorset house

A pet snake started a fire at a house in Dorset.

Firefighters were called to the property in St Cleeve Way in Ferndown, near Bournemouth, at 0620 GMT when a fire alarm activated.

The household's pet snake had dislodged its heat lamp, burning some bark in its vivarium and the table underneath.

Dorset Fire and Rescue said the retained crew from Ferndown put out the fire using buckets of water. The snake escaped unharmed.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites