Dorset

Casualties treated at Dorset house fire

Several people had to be treated by paramedics after a fire at a property in Dorset.

Crews in two engines were called to the house in Penn Hill Avenue, Lower Parkstone, Poole, in the early hours.

A further two engines were drafted in to assist. The cause was believed to be an electrical fault in a television in one of the bedrooms.

Ambulance staff treated casualties at the scene for the effects of breathing in smoke.

British Red Cross staff were also called in to "assist in the welfare of the residents from the property".

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites