Dorset

Dorset cupboard fire caused by chimney

Two people needed medical treatment after fires started in neighbouring houses in Dorset.

Crews were called to Long Critchell, near Blandford, at 2312 GMT on Sunday after fire broke out in an airing cupboard in a semi-detached house.

Dorset Fire and Rescue said the fire was caused by conducted heat from a chimney fire next door.

Both fires were extinguished by 0122 GMT and two people were taken to hospital after breathing in smoke.

More on this story

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites