Asbestos garage fire in Poole prompts evacuation


Residents had to be evacuated from their homes in Dorset earlier after a fire in a garage which contained asbestos.

Firefighters were called to South Park Road, Wallisdown, Poole, at 1558 GMT.

The fire caused severe damage to the garage and a car inside, which firefighters described as "fairly new".

Environmental health department officers are due to clear the asbestos debris from the gardens of affected properties on Wednesday.

More on this story

Related Internet Links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites.