Tyler Peck drugs death: Mother guilty of supply and cruelty
A mother has been found guilty of giving her son prescription drugs that led to his death.
Tyler Peck, 15, was found dead at his mother Holly Strawbridge's home the morning after a drugs binge, Plymouth Crown Court heard.
Strawbridge, 34, of Salcombe, Devon, has also been found guilty of supplying Class-A drugs to another child under 16 and two counts of child cruelty.
The jury reached a unanimous verdict after deliberating for six hours.
Tyler died from an overdose of morphine drug Oramorph and Gabapentin.
He was described in court as a "bright, thoughtful and caring young man" by social workers.
The judge has ordered pre-sentencing reports but said a prison sentence was inevitable.
Strawbridge will be sentenced on 17 January and was granted bail so she could attend her mother's funeral.
TYLER PECK TIMELINE
- January 2018: Taken to Torbay Hospital after overdosing on 15 Valium pills
- 1 February 2019: Spends evening with friends in Kingsbridge before getting bus to friend's house in nearby Malborough where he drank and took ecstasy
- 23:00 is given a lift by friend's father to his mother's house in Salcombe
- 2 February, 12:45: Emergency services called to house after Tyler found not breathing. Tyler is declared dead
- 5 June: Holly Strawbridge charged with two counts of supplying a class A drug and two counts of child cruelty contrary to section 1 of the Children and Young Persons Act
A boy who was with Tyler on the evening before he died told police Strawbridge had been putting Oramorph and other drugs into their drinks.
The court heard Strawbridge was "drunk off her face" on the night her son died.
- Feud 'erupted over drug death son's funeral cash'
- Drugs accused mum 'dismissed social services'
- Mother 'gave son, 15, cocktail of drugs'
There were separate claims by another witness that the defendant had been supplying Tyler with drugs for two years.
Her home was known as a place to "get hammered", said another witness.
Tyler regularly took drugs and his mother encouraged him, even selling him Valium on one occasion, the court was told.
Another witness said she saw Strawbridge showing Tyler how to snort crushed-up pills.
He overdosed on Valium in January 2018 and was diagnosed with "drugs psychosis". After the overdose, Tyler was admitted to Torbay Hospital.
He told social workers he was "scared" about his future and wanted help, but after he was discharged Strawbridge "dismissed" offers of help, social services said.