Devon

Firefighters in Dartmouth break in to save man

Victoria Road Image copyright Google
Image caption The man was rescued from Victoria Road

Firefighters have broken into a "heavily smoke-logged" home to rescue a man overnight.

He was saved at about 02.40 GMT from a flat on Victoria Road in Dartmouth, Devon.

The man was treated by paramedics for the effects of breathing in smoke, Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said.

They said the small fire in the flat was believed to be caused accidentally, following a fire investigation.