Pictures: Devon in the storm aftermath
Pictures from the coastline of Devon, in the aftermath of the latest storms.
People in Dawlish said there had been yet more damage to the sea front and railway line overnight
The level of destruction to the railway line at Dawlish can be seen here
In Torcross more than 20 properties were affected by flooding and nine people were evacuated
Homeowners in Torcross are doing their best to ensure their homes can survive the next forecast storm
Twelve tonnes of sand has been bagged up to help keep the water out of homes and 15 sheets of plywood have been used to board up those houses damaged by the waves
South Hams District Council said properties were evacuated because there was danger from broken glass and further damage caused by the breaking rollers
The weather has also affected the fishing industry. Boats in Plymouth have not been able to get out to sea because of the storms
The Waterfront Pub on Plymouth Hoe was a victim of the latest storms
Paddy Gribbin from St Austell Brewery described the water damage as "absolutely horrendous"
- Image gallery Pictures: Devon coast battered by storm
- As it happened: UK storms
- UK storms destroy railway line and leave thousands without power
- Storms cause £4m damage in Cornwall
- Dawlish railway repairs halted over safety fears
- Power cut hits 15,000 households in south-west England
- Devon and Cornwall storm causes 'devastation'
- Damaged rural roads could be abandoned, warn councils