The mother of a two-year-old girl who nearly died after swallowing a lithium button battery from a car key has said the ordeal "killed me inside".
Kacie Barradell, from Pear Tree, Derby, had the battery removed in hospital, in February, after it had caused serious internal damage.
Cheryl Bell, 27, said Kacie, who has returned home, was lucky to survive.
When swallowed, lithium batteries react with saliva and can burn holes through the lining of the oesophagus.
Speaking to the BBC, Ms Bell said: "It devastated me, it hurt, it killed me inside.
"I cried, I screamed, but there was nothing I could do.
"I was devastated. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy."
Ms Bell told the Derby Telegraph doctors informed her there was a 40% chance Kacie would die following the discovery of the battery, which was later removed at Nottingham Children's Hospital.
Kacie was later taken to Birmingham Children's Hospital where she had an operation due to the damage caused to her body.
Ms Bell said: "It's been hard, obviously I've had to stay by her side every single day, I've been getting three to four hours of sleep at night.
"I have been nothing but worrying."
Kacie's injuries have left her unable to walk properly and she is fed through a tube.
"She's not 100%, but we are home, she is eating and drinking and on a special diet," her mother said.
"Hopefully, she will fully recover, but we don't think this is going to be the last operation on her oesophagus."
Ms Bell is now warning other parents about the dangers of the batteries.
"Don't buy them at all; don't let your kids play with your electronic car keys," she said.