Cornwall

Elderly man rescued from Liskeard flat fire

An elderly man has been rescued from a fire at a flat in Cornwall.

Firefighters rescued him from sheltered accommodation on Manley Road, in Liskeard, following a fire in the kitchen.

The man, who was suffering from smoke inhalation, was taken to hospital by ambulance.

Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service was alerted by an automatic fire alarm in the man's flat at about 21:30 BST on Saturday.

The fire is believed to have been caused by cooking that was left unattended.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites