Woman rescued from house fire by police in Cornwall

A woman has been rescued by three police officers from a house fire in north Cornwall.

She was rescued at about 22:40 GMT on Wednesday in Kilkhampton, near Bude, Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service said.

A man managed to escape from the property but suffered burns. A faulty electrical appliance in the porch is believed to have caused the fire.

Both were treated for the effects of smoke inhalation and taken to hospital, police said.

One dog was rescued from the property, but two others and a cat died.

The fire service said the woman had been rescued by the police officers before firefighters arrived.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites