Corn snake freed from cage ornament in Peterborough
The fire service came to the rescue of a corn snake that became stuck in one of its cage ornaments.
The reptile was taken by its owner to Stanground fire station in Peterborough after it shed its skin overnight and became trapped.
Crews carefully broke apart the ornament with pliers and freed the snake, called Domino, in 45 minutes.
Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service posted about the latest incident on Facebook using the hashtag "not just fires".
Corn snakes are not dangerous as far as humans are concerned.