Bristol port boss, David Ord, knighted in New Year Honours
The boss of the Bristol Port Company is among those receiving New Year Honours.
David Ord has been appointed Knight Bachelor for political service and service to the community.
Mary Prior MBE, the Lord-Lieutenant of the County and City of Bristol, is appointed to Commander of the Royal Victorian Order.
And Prof Steve West, who is vice chancellor of the University of the West of England, has been appointed CBE for his services to higher education.
Prof West said he was most proud of how the university connected with businesses and the way it supports young people to realise their dreams.
"Connecting with schools and really making a difference to those who don't think they can go to uni," he added.
Also honoured from Bristol:
- Dr Andrew Garrad - CBE for services to renewable energy
- Prof Gene Feder - OBE for services to healthcare and victims of domestic abuse
- Paul Blake - MBE for services to athletics
- Susan Jotcham - MBE for services to heritage and the charity sector
- Rita Roblin - MBE for services to children
- Geoffrey Stock - MBE for services to young people and the community
- Nadia Saba - BEM for services to triathlon
- Prof William Aspinall - CMG for services to the government and community in Montserrat
- Shirley Lindsay - QPM Avon and Somerset Police
- Ifor Williams - QPM Avon and Somerset Police