Shauna Hoare and Nathan Matthews to appeal after Becky Watts killing
The couple convicted of killing Becky Watts say they will appeal against their convictions and sentences.
Becky's step-brother, Nathan Matthews, 28, was convicted of her murder and his girlfriend Shauna Hoare was convicted of manslaughter. They were each jailed.
Both have applied for leave to appeal.
Matthews suffocated the teenager at her home in the St George area of Bristol on 19 February while trying to kidnap her. Hoare, 21, who was pregnant at the time, was at the address.
Hoare's paperwork has been received by the Court of Appeal, while Bristol Crown Court said it had received Matthews' application to appeal on Thursday.
A spokeswoman for the court said this had now been passed on to the Court of Appeal.
Becky's body was dismembered and hidden in a shed while a huge manhunt in Bristol attempted to track down the 16-year-old.
A jury took less than four hours last month to convict the pair of her killing.
Hoare was convicted of manslaughter because she had participated in a kidnap where any "sober and reasonable person" would have known some harm would come to Becky.
Matthews was given a life sentence and told he would serve at least 33 years. Hoare was jailed for 17 years.
Judge Mr Justice Dingemans said both Matthews and Hoare had given "obviously dishonest" accounts of what happened.
Matthews had claimed he was trying to scare Becky into changing what he believed was poor behaviour while Hoare said she knew nothing about any of it.
"The evidence proves, and I am sure, that Nathan Matthews had developed a fixation with having sex with petite teenage girls and Shauna Hoare had been persuaded to participate in this fixation," said the judge.
Judge Dingemans added during sentencing that he was sure the planned kidnap "was for a sexual purpose".