Clifton Suspension Bridge to get new visitor centre
A new heritage and learning centre is to be created for Clifton Suspension Bridge as part of the 150th anniversary of the opening of the bridge.
The centre - featuring a large exhibition space - will sit next to new offices for the bridge master and staff replacing a temporary structure.
It is part of an investment to modernise the bridge's facilities and is due to open before 8 December.
The Grade 1 listed bridge spanning the Avon Gorge first opened in 1864.
The 704ft (214m) bridge, which links Leigh Woods to Clifton was designed by the engineer Isambard Kingdom Brunel when he was 24.