Coronavirus: Birmingham man charged over 'I hope all NHS die' call
A man who allegedly called a hospital and said "I hope the staff die of coronavirus" has been charged.
Matthew Wain was arrested at a flat in Perry Barr, Birmingham, on Wednesday in connection with the call to City Hospital, West Midlands Police said.
He is also alleged to have posted a video of the call, entitled "I hope all NHS die", to YouTube.
Mr Wain, 31, was bailed after being charged with sending menacing or offensive communications.
He is due to appear at Birmingham Magistrates Court on 29 April.
- A SIMPLE GUIDE: What are the symptoms?
- NEW GUIDANCE: What must I do?
- NEW RESTRICTIONS: What are they?
- LOOK-UP TOOL: Check cases in your area
- MAPS AND CHARTS: Visual guide to the outbreak
Follow BBC West Midlands on Facebook, on Twitter, and sign up for local news updates direct to your phone.