Petrol vapours caused Wolverhampton house explosion
A build-up of petrol vapour led to an explosion at a house in Wolverhampton in which a man died.
The man, named locally as 49-year-old father-of-three Avtar Dhensa, was found by search crews in Rylands Drive, Penn, on Tuesday.
He was discovered after a severe fire broke out in the upper floor and loft during the afternoon.
Neighbours were evacuated from their homes for several hours while 15 firefighters tackled the blaze.
Police say the explosion is "non-suspicious" and did not involve anyone else. The coroner has been informed.
A spokesman for West Midlands Fire Service said: "Our investigators have carried out a thorough examination of the scene.
"We believe that the explosion and resulting fire followed a build-up of petrol vapours inside the property."