Berkshire

Man dies of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning

Whistley Green house
Image caption The man died in hospital after falling ill at a house in Whistley Green

A man died after suffering suspected carbon monoxide poisoning at a house in Berkshire.

The man was taken to hospital along with a woman after falling ill at the house in Lodge Road, Whistley Green, just after 08:00 GMT on Thursday.

Police said the 60-year-old died in the early hours. The woman remains in hospital in a stable condition.

The Health and Safety Executive is carrying out an investigation at the property.

Another woman and a child were taken to hospital as a precaution, but were later discharged.

Police are not treating the death as suspicious.

Related Topics

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites