Beds, Herts & Bucks

Woman rescued from blazing flat in Bedford

Firefighters have rescued a woman from a blaze in a fourth floor flat in Bedford.

Crews were called to the fire at Upton Court, Severn Way, at about 2000 GMT.

A woman was carried from the smoke-logged flat by firefighters and handed over to paramedics and taken by ambulance to hospital.

A Bedfordshire and Luton Fire and Rescue Service spokeswoman said at 2055 GMT that the fire was out.

The fire started in the kitchen of the flat and appeared to be accidental, she added.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites