Beds, Herts & Bucks

Neighbours prompt fire rescue in Milton Keynes

A woman was rescued from a flat fire in Milton Keynes after neighbours alerted emergency services.

Three crews were called to a three-storey block of flats in Conniburrow Boulevard in Conniburrow, Milton Keynes, just before 2000 BST on Sunday.

They forced their way in and found a woman unconscious in the living room of the top floor flat. She was treated for smoke inhalation by paramedics.

People living nearby had heard a smoke alarm, the fire service said.

More than 60 people watched as crews dealt with the incident.

The fire had started in an oven and caused smoke damage throughout the flat.


Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites