Rolf Harris faces seven indecent assault charges
Rolf Harris is to be charged with seven counts of indecent assault, the Crown Prosecution Service has said.
The CPS said it had "carefully considered" evidence gathered and had authorised police to charge the 85-year-old former entertainer.
The alleged offences date from 1971 to 2004 and relate to seven complainants aged between 12 and 27 at the time of the alleged incidents, the CPS added.
Mr Harris is currently serving a prison sentence for sex-related offences.
He will appear at Westminster Magistrates' Court on 17 March.
In a statement, the CPS said it had reviewed evidence gathered by the Metropolitan Police as part of Operation Yewtree.
"We have concluded that there is sufficient evidence and it is in the public interest for Mr Harris to be charged with seven counts of indecent assault," it added.
The Met Police said Mr Harris has been charged with:
- Indecent assault on a girl aged 14 between 10 and 11 July 1971
- Indecent assault on a girl aged 12 between 1 January 1977 and 31 December 1977
- Indecent assault on a woman aged 27 on 17 September 1977
- Indecent assault on a woman aged 16 between 1 June 1978 and 31 July 1978
- Indecent assault on a girl aged 13 on 31 December 1983
- Indecent assault on a woman aged 19 between 1 January 2002 and 31 December 2002
- Indecent assault on a woman aged 24 between 27 April 2004 and 30 April 2004
Operation Yewtree is investigating sexual abuse allegations and was launched in the wake of the Jimmy Savile scandal.
Nineteen men have been arrested as part of the Yewtree investigation, of which five have been convicted, and 10 have been cleared. Two are currently on police bail, one is awaiting trial, and one died before trial.