Most 'desirable' postcodes in the UK revealed
Bebington in Merseyside is the most desirable place to live in England, according to a Royal Mail survey.
Neilston, south-west of Glasgow, polled best in Scotland, Morriston in Wales and Craigavon in Northern Ireland.
Royal Mail said the study, conducted by the Centre for Economic and Business Research, looked at green spaces, affordable housing and commuting times.
Seven northern locations, including Dalton-in-Furness in Cumbria, were in the top 10 in England, the survey said.
Bebington residents, who live near the River Mersey and Port Sunlight model village, "enjoyed the ideal balance" of living close to their workplace, good schools and high employment, according to the report.
By Phil Cooper, BBC Radio Merseyside, in Bebington
Situated less than 10 miles from Liverpool, Bebington has been attracting people for well over a century with its laid-back charm. Villagers boast of a rural lifestyle combined with plenty of jobs and cultural highlights on their doorstep.
The nearby Port Sunlight village, built at the end of the 19th Century to house workers at the Lever soap factory, is now home to an art gallery and museum. Unilever still employs about 2,000 people in the area.
A future prime minister, Harold Wilson, studied here as a teenager and many of the schools retain their reputation for high academic achievement.
Throw in a fine choice of pubs and restaurants and good links to the historic city of Chester, and residents say the "Most Desirable" title is fully deserved - this is a place they never want to leave.
In Scotland, semi-rural areas on the outskirts of cities fared best "thanks to the affordable cost of living, lower levels of crime and better schools".
They were also judged to have better transport links than more remote locations.
Morriston, just to the north of Swansea, was praised for its "mix of low unemployment and reasonable house prices".
Meanwhile, Craigavon in County Armagh - a planned settlement built in the 1960s - was described as having "lower than average commuting times and fewer people working over 50 hours a week".
The most desirable postcodes according to nation
- CH63 - Bebington, Wirral
- IP5 - Kesgrave, Ipswich
- LA15 - Dalton-in-Furness, Cumbria
- NR8 - Taverham, Norfolk
- FY6 - Poulton-Le-Fylde, Blackpool
- DT1 - Dorchester, West Dorset
- WA1 - Warrington, Cheshire
- CH62 - Eastham, Wirral
- CH45 - Wallasey, Merseyside
- LA13 - Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria
- G78 - Neilston, East Renfrewshire
- G64 - Torrance, East Dunbartonshire
- G66 - Lenzie/Kirkintilloch, East Dunbartonshire
- G62 - Milngavie, East Dunbartonshire
- G76 - Eaglesham, East Renfrewshire
- G61 - Bearsden, East Dunbartonshire
- G46 - Giffnock, East Renfrewshire
- EH5 - Granton, Edinburgh
- EH7 - Edinburgh central/Bellevue
- EH11 - Edinburgh
- SA6 - Morriston, Swansea
- SA7 - Birchgrove, Swansea
- CF64 - Penarth
- SA61 - Haverfordwest
- SA4 - Gorseinon, Swansea
- LL55 - Caernarfon, Gwynedd
- SA9 - Ystradgynlais, Swansea
- SA31 - Carmarthen
- CF24 - Roath, Cardiff
- LL11 - Wrexham
- BT64 - Craigavon, County Armagh
- BT10 - Finaghy, Belfast
- BT66 - Lurgan, County Armagh
- BT16 - Dundonald, Belfast
- BT38 - Carrickfergus, County Antrim