British couple found dead in Indian hotel room
A British couple have been found dead in the Indian city of Agra, local police have said.
The couple, who were both in their twenties, were found in a room at a hotel near the Taj Mahal. A post-mortem examination is being carried out.
Police told the BBC they may have died of a drug overdose and there was no suggestion of any crime.
The UK Foreign Office confirmed it was aware of the deaths of two Britons but released no further details.
A spokesman added: "We are providing consular assistance to the families."
The British High Commission is expected to inform the next of kin, and arrange for the bodies to be repatriated.