No charges against ex-BBC producer Wilfred De'Ath
No charges will be brought against a former BBC producer arrested in connection with the inquiry into abuse claims made against Jimmy Savile.
Wilfred De'Ath was arrested last year in Cambridgeshire over an allegation of indecent assault on a girl in the 60s.
But the complainant has since withdrawn her statement, said Alison Saunders, chief crown prosecutor for CPS London.
Mr De'Ath, who is in his 70s, told the BBC he was relieved, adding: "I feel very bitter - I'm totally innocent."
Mr De'Ath was held as part of the Metropolitan Police's Operation Yewtree inquiry and is the first suspect that the Crown Prosecution Service has made a decision on.
Although he once produced a Savile radio show, Mr De'Ath's arrest was under the strand of Yewtree looking at complaints unconnected to the investigation into Savile himself.
In a statement on Monday, the CPS said: "In this case the complainant made a withdrawal statement, which maintained that the allegations were true, but in which she said that she had made a statement to lend support to any other complainants who might come forward in relation to the same suspect.
"The complainant said that as she would be the only complainant to give evidence if the matter went to trial, she did not want to pursue it. She confirmed to the police that she came to this conclusion of her own free will, and was aware that she, like all complainants of sexual offences, was entitled to anonymity.
"We looked at the possibilities of bringing a prosecution without the evidence of this complainant, but have concluded that there would be insufficient evidence for a realistic prospect of conviction."
Mr De'Ath said he had been questioned about an allegation dating back to the mid-1960s that he had indecently assaulted a 14-year-old girl after inviting her to go to a press showing of a film.
He said that he had met the girl briefly at a party, but had never gone to the cinema with her or assaulted her.
Mr De'Ath questioned why it had been necessary for a man in his 70s, who lives in sheltered accommodation, to be arrested by seven police officers at 7am on Remembrance Sunday last November.
"They could just have interviewed me," he said, adding that the four months he had spent on police bail had been a "very, very unpleasant experience. I feel very indignant, I'm still very angry".
Operation Yewtree is looking into allegations that have arisen against the late BBC DJ and television presenter Savile since he died in 2011.
It has three strands - one is looking specifically at the actions of Savile and the second strand concerns allegations against "Savile and others".
The third strand relates to alleged complaints against other people unconnected to the Savile investigations.